Respect Dennis and his friends!
The Top 100 was built by nice people for nice people. We would very much like users of The Top 100 to respect the community we are building. We're not asking for the kind of respect reserved for nuns, the elderly and lumberjacks. We mean don't abuse the site. All aspects of The Top 100 site involve a certain level of trust. We trust you to be responsible, and if we all act responsibly, then The Top 100 truly will become an amazing resource for all.
We review content that is flagged as inappropriate
How not to get Dennis upset
Here are some common-sense rules that will help you steer clear of trouble:
- The Top 100 is all about opinion, unless you hadn’t noticed! We encourage free speech and defend everyone's right to express unpopular points of view. But we do not permit hate speech (speech which attacks or demeans a group based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status and sexual orientation/gender identity).
- The Top 100 is not for pornography or sexually explicit content. If this describes your content, even if it's a picture of yourself (!), don't post it on The Top 100. In addition, please be advised that we work closely with the appropriate Police authorities and we report child exploitation. Please stay safe while on The Top 100.
- Don't post content about things like animal abuse, drug abuse or bomb making.
- Content showing graphic or gratuitous violence is not allowed. If your content shows someone getting hurt, attacked or humiliated, don't post it.
- The Top 100 is not a shock site. Don't post disgusting content of accidents, dead bodies and similar things.
- Respect copyright. Only upload content that you have created or that you are authorised to use. This means don't upload content that you didn't make or use content that someone else owns the copyright, such as music tracks, snippets of copyrighted programmes or videos made by other users, without necessary authorisation. Read our Copyright Tips for more information.
- There is zero tolerance for predatory behaviour, stalking, threats, harassment, invading privacy or the revealing of other members' personal information. Anyone caught doing these things may be banned permanently from The Top 100.
- Everyone hates spam. Do not create misleading descriptions, tags, titles or thumbnails in order to increase views. It's not OK to post large amounts of untargeted, unwanted or repetitive content, including comments and private messages.
The Top 100 is a Community
Remember that this is your community! Each and every user of The Top 100 makes the site what it is, so don't be afraid to dig in and get involved!
- Have fun with the site. There's a lot here to see and lots of people doing amazing stuff – one of them might be you! The important thing is to give your opinion!
- Let people know what you think. Yep. The “O” word again. Your opinion's part of the experience and, when given with respect, can be a great way to make friends, share experiences and make your time on The Top 100 richer. So leave comments, rate items, write reviews (for or against), make your own items in other’s lists, enter contests of interest – there's a lot going on and a lot of ways to participate here.
That's it! Thanks for reading! And have fun with The Top 100! Together, we’re building something special…
Dennis & The Top 100 Team